One of the most dreaded things to see on Microsoft Windows system is the Blue Screen of Death. In this instance, I had a computer show the Blue Screen of Death upon booting claiming:
STOP 0×000000ED (0xaaaaaaaa,0xbbbbbbbb,0xcccccccc,0xdddddddd)
This error can either be caused by a problem with an IDE cable or the BIOS in which case you just replace the cable or reload the fail-safe default settings in the BIOS. However, most of the time this error is caused by some sort of problem with the volume.
To fix this problem you will need:
- A copy of the Windows Installation Disc
- About 1.5hrs of time
Fixing the problem:
- Boot up your computer to the Windows Installation Disc (You may need to press a button like F12 to see the boot menu)
- When the Windows Welcome Screen loads press the R key on your keyboard
- Once you get to the command prompt type chkdsk /r then press Enter
- When the check disk is complete you will be returned to the command prompt
- Type fixboot and press Enter
- When the fixboot is complete, type Exit and press Enter
- Your computer should reboot and your problem should be gone.